To continue your sports or workout pursuits confidently and quickly after an injury, you need the right treatment and rehabilitation solutions. This is what Spectrum Therapy and Fitness does best. We have extensive experience in the rehabilitation treatment of different work and sports related injuries. Some of the conditions that our clients have successfully overcome include hip pain, I.T band syndrome, repetitive injury strain, spinal dysfunctions, golfing injuries,(lower back, shoulder and elbow injuries) tennis elbow, plantar fascitis, shoulder impingements, runner’s knee, anterior knee pain, and injuries sustained during weight lifting and different types of sporting activities. We also treat and rehabilitate surgical procedures, for knees, shoulders, lower backs, feet and ankles, ACL, MCL, and P.C.L ligament repairs and reconstructions.
Return to Pre-Injury Fitness Levels with our Injury Treatment and Rehabilitation Services
The treatment: It is critical to correctly diagnose and treat the injury. Only after this can the patient move on to productive rehabilitation. At Spectrum Therapy and Fitness, injury management begins with a comprehensive assessment to judge the origin and severity of the sustained injury. After undergoing the right treatment for the condition, you work towards restoring your pre-energy health and fitness. We offer more than just treatment; we teach you how to manage your injuries at home to complement the treatment plan. The focus is not just on treating the symptom(s) of but also the cause behind the condition.
The rehabilitation: In the rehabilitation phase, efforts are directed towards restoring the proponents lost at the time of injury, such as strength, balance and pain-free range of motion. This is achieved through a functional approach and movement based therapies, depending on the nature and extent of injury.
Rehabilitation will encompass nutrition and hydration strategies, corrective exercises, and counseling on how to prevent the injury for occurring in the future. The approach to rehabilitation is structured and streamlined, so you understand where you are at during you journey to pre-injury levels of fitness. Our process aims to empower you to emerge healthier, stronger, and more aware about injury management that can stand you in good stead.
Certified and Experienced Therapists Ensure Safe Return to Activity
With well-known athletic therapist Jean LaFleur at the helm, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your injury is being effectively managed by a certified expert and body technician. Get the most out of your treatment with a solid, custom-managed rehabilitation treatment plan that not only guarantees the promised benefits but also aligns well with who you are as an athlete and a person. Spectrum Therapy and Fitness offers you much more than results-driven medical solutions; we support you emotionally and psychologically through your revitalization phase.
Our Injury Prevention Model
For the Golfer...
Recent statistics reveal…
See our Promotional Flyer for a glimpse of what we can do for your golf game.
- 53% of male and 45% of female golfers suffer from low back pain
- 30% of professional golfers play while injured
- There is a 40% increase in injury risk if participating in golf and another sport
- 67% of lower back injuries in golf are related to muscle imbalances,poor posture, and faulty biomechanics.
- There is a high probability of sustaining an injury while playing golf, if you have already sustained an untreated injury.
- Therefore, proper hip function is essential to injury prevention and optimal golfing performance. The hips must stay strong to buttress the rest of the body.
- The golfer will compensate unknowingly for weak hip action all through the kinetic chain. Hence, an injury or pain will inevitably manifest itself soon enough through these compensations.
- Injury Prevention Recommendations:
- A comprehensive assessment of the golfer’s body, muscle strength and balance, core control and activation, swing mechanics, properly distributed rotary forces, and proper neural mechanical programming all contribute to long drives and less compensated for swing mechanics.
- Do not try to swing through pain or discomfort, because that is what you’ve always done.
- Yes, a good warm-up before a round of golf, adds a “ton of prevention”!!!
To know more about our rehabilitation treatment services, please call us at 905-580-4047 or reach us via email at email@example.com. You can also schedule a complementary consultation to better understand how we can help you get back on you feet.
We are located at 2335 Strawfield Court, Oakville, ON, L6H 6C2.